By: Sarah Williams
SAU’s Baseball team played against Saint Francis last Thursday, March 17th. The game was the first home game this season and Spring Arbor won by a few points.
According to Saucougars.com, the first game score was 6:5. The second was 5:4. The Cougars scored 6 Runs, 10 Hits, and 3 Errors in the first game. In the second, they scored 5 Runs, 10 Hits, and 3 Errors. Saint Francis scored 5 Runs, 8 Hits, and 0 Errors, then 4 Runs, 6 Hits, and 2 Errors.
- Bryce Richey scored a RBI double in the sixth inning. Along with the RBI by Peyton Harding, the Cougars were able to grab 4 runs breaking the previous score 0:2. Harding also made a sacrifice fly in the seventh inning adding an insurance run.
- In the 11th inning, Landon Raczkowski delivered a two out hit to drive in Jake Spedoske.
- Harding grabbed two RBI’s while Ben Redfield scored twice.
- John Williams worked on the mound for 6 innings. He allowed 2 runs on 7 hits while striking out 10 batters.
- Cade Kontny tossed the final five frames. He only surrendered one hit.
- Brant Mullins stopped Saint Francis from overtaking the score 4:3 and completed the doubleheader sweep in the seventh inning.
- Redfield and Richey scored two hits each and Richey drove in a pair.
- Hunter Nielsen was on the mound for 6 innings, allowing 3 runs on five hits while fanning 6.
To see the 2022 Baseball Roster, click here!
Spring Arbor and Saint Francis have two more games in their four-game set. On Monday, March 21, there will be a doubleheader game. It will start at 1pm at Burbridge Field in Spring Arbor. After facing Saint Francis, the Cougars will face Rochester at home on Tuesday, March 22, startingat 2 pm. The 2022 schedule can be found here!